International help


International help, originally uploaded by Semmi.

This was a gloomy view of my window in September 1968. The tank was positioned here "to guard" the entry to the house that was the seat of journalists' association. I dont believe that you can stop thoughts by tanks. Very difficult to target them...

It wasnt very pleasant to sleep here. I must admit I misused my doll to protect me and placed her above my head. :(

Note, except for an absolute stop of everyday life, the manifestation of resistance - Czechs removed the street signs to at least confuse the invaders. Well, they were confused anyway. The soldiers came from far away Siberia, were disoriented, didnt know where they were and were very puzzled that people hated them. Poor guys had been told they were being sent "to save us".

Comments

Popular Posts